Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My first blog :)

Hellooooooo!

Michael and I have been here in Morogoro Tanzania for a little over a month. Pole sana (very sorry) for the lonnngg delay in keeping all of you updated. We have been busy busy and I just haven't had time to sit down and write. So far, Tanzania has filled our eyes with beauty. Everyday I walk to class and am amazed by the site of the mountains. Mike and I were walking to a fundi to get clothes made and came face to face with about 7 cute black faced, long tailed monkeys. Sorry Penn state, but these wondering monkeys put the friendly squirrels to shame. We miss you all. . as well as broccoli, soup, ice cubes, and Layla. I will try to continue to update this more regularly.

We are teachers . . .kind of. Only interning, but the students are wonderful and come to class even though the teachers probably won't show up. This hits the nail of appreciation hard core. You never realize how lucky we are in the states with 'forced' education and multiple oppurtunities to screw up. If you screw up here. . minimal future. Screw up in the states. . the government or family will take care of you. Sorry to leave at that note but my internet will be cut of in one minute.

Byebye!

1 comment:

  1. wonderful...........I will surely convey your message to my Bio 110 class

    ReplyDelete